Tichenor Families in America
Page: < 1, 2 Reply
Author Posts
tfeierab

29.09.2009 - 07:12: RE: Welcome to the Tichenor Families in America Discussion Forum | Quote Quote

The Tichenor website lists the Suffolk County Historical Society in Riverhead , New York as one of the libraries that hasthe Tichenor Families in America book. We visited the library and determined that they do not have the book. We were able to find it in the DAR library in Washington DC.
Tom

Send private message Send e-mail
lhtdjt1

22.11.2009 - 13:33: RE: Welcome to the Tichenor Families in America Discussion Forum | Quote Quote

There is now a Tichenor DNA study. This study on very reputable familytreedna.com. As many Tichenors worldwide join we can confirm heritage.
We are brick walled with my husband's Edmund Tichenor, b. 1804 in New York City of New Jersey parents. We're hoping to confirm or disprove connection to the Martin Tichenor group. We've just received his kit. Hope others not certain of Martin Tichenor connection and other lines participate in study! Diane Tichenor

Charles Alton

08.09.2010 - 17:01: RE: Welcome to the Tichenor Families in America Discussion Forum | Quote Quote

I am hoping to find any information about my great grandfather, Eugene Tichenor. He was in Iowa in 1889 (and maybe before and after). I was told that he was at lest at one point in his life a music teacher. I would guess he was born before 1873. Thank you.

Charles Alton

LarryAJones

09.09.2010 - 00:15: RE: Welcome to the Tichenor Families in America Discussion Forum | Quote Quote

Hello, cousin! We are probably close cousins, because my great-great-grandfather was Eugene Dealton Tichenor. Give me a little more info on your ancestor -- like his wife or his children or anything else -- it makes searching easier. -- Larry

Charles Alton

09.09.2010 - 15:29: RE: Welcome to the Tichenor Families in America Discussion Forum | Quote Quote

About all I know of Eugene Tichenor is that he married Cora Hiscox in Iowa (I think Cherokee County) in 1889 - I think November. He had one child with her, Lillian born 1890. I think he was a music teacher. I do not know his middle name or middle initial.

Charles Alton

newmexmo23

08.01.2011 - 19:26: RE: Welcome to the Tichenor Families in America Discussion Forum | Quote Quote

Dear Tichenor Famalies,
I am just writing to see if anyone has info re: I.S. Tichenor. He served with my great-great-great grand father with the NY 105th. I am interested in any info regarding the Battle of Fredericksburg.
During the battle, my granddad and his brother rescued him. My granddad was John Leonard.
I have letters from I.S. to my granddad dated: April 25,1884;January 13,1893 and March 17,1893. The first letter has Office of the Auditor, District of Columbia, the second only has 1311 M Street, Washington, D.C.
Mentioned in the first letter is an only son living in Denver, Colorado. He is listed as being 23," a fine hansome fellow, well educated"
So if anyone would like copies of these letters I could try to scan and send.
Cordially, Maureen Conheady-Trujillo
Albuquerque, NM

pepperwolfe

12.04.2011 - 23:47: RE: Welcome to the Tichenor Families in America Discussion Forum | Quote Quote

Hello.
My Great Grandmother was Emma Olive Tichenell from 1873-1929 Wv, Her father was William D 1845-1915 , His father was Daniel 1815-1893 in Preston Co. Va-Wv, His father was Stephen 1772-1857, and HIS father was Moses.
Saw this forum and thought I would join up. Thanks for having this up for those who enjoy family history research.

ritasad

01.05.2017 - 23:45: RE: Welcome to the Tichenor Families in America Discussion Forum | Quote Quote

Hi All: I am looking for a copy of Moses Tichneal/Tichenor's will. I have copies of the Probate documents and the Admin., Bonds and Misc. Documents but have not been able to locate a copy of the will. I have ordered a copy from MD State Archives, however, not sure I had enough information for them to find the will. Happy to share what I have if anyone needs it. The Probate records mention Margaret Tichneal but not with her maiden name which is proported to be Jackson. Nothing on her maiden name or their marriage record so far, still searching. I descend from their daughter Nancy Tichenal who married Thomas Pritchard (Guardian to Moses' minor children in Probate Records).

Rita Sadler

Page: < 1, 2 Reply
Shortcut:
Get free forums, guestbooks, calendars, shorturls and web statistics at motigo.
Site Information