Tichenor Families in America
Page: 1 Reply
Author Posts
hticheno

30.11.2011 - 19:58: Archibald Tichenor (1800-1864) | Quote Quote

Have any of the members come across any information on the origin of my great great grandfather Archibald Tichenor of New Jersey, NYC and Kingston New York? His grave marker indicated that he was the son of Isaac Tichenor the Governor of Vermont, but since there is no historic record that that Isaac had any children, we suspect Archibald was actually the son of another Isaac Tichenor who was the nephew of the noted Governor.

We have reason to believe that Archibald had a brother David C Tichenor and a sister Lucinda, who married a man named Elias Terrill and another sister, Hannah B, who married a man named David Allen or Alling. Archibald married Eliza Ann Tichenor, probably his cousin and they had four children, William Nelson Tichenor, James Archibald Tichenor, Marcella Elizabeth Tichenor, who married Joseph Cowell Simmons, and the youngest David Oliver Tichenor. David Oliver died in Kingston NY around 1910 and we believe he had whatever family papers there were and those records then passed out of the family into the Griswold family.

If any of these names trigger any information you might have I would be very grateful to hear from you.

Harold Tichenor
hltichenor@uniserve.com

Send private message Send e-mail
hticheno

30.11.2011 - 21:01: RE: Archibald Tichenor (1800-1864) | Quote Quote

I made an error in the previous post. Marcella actually married Joseph Cowell Barnes, not Simmons as I previously wrote.

Thanks

Harold

Send private message Send e-mail
Page: 1 Reply
Shortcut:
Get free forums, guestbooks, calendars, shorturls and web statistics at motigo.
Site Information